VERNON W. ROACH
16400 Monrovia St · Overland Park, KS 66221 · (913) 593-6812 · email@example.com
Accomplished technology and customer solutions professional with solid management experience in multiple industry settings. Skilled in leading and motivating individuals to maximize levels of productivity while forming cohesive and inclusive team environments. People-oriented team player focused on building strong customer relationships.
· Project Management · Business Solutions Development · Business Area Analysis
· Technical Service Delivery and Support · Systems Integration · Staff Selection and Management
· Business Process Reengineering · Vendor Management · Product Development
· Contract Negotiation & Management · Strategic Planning · Quality Assurance
· SOA/Web Services
· Spring MVC
· ITIL Foundations
NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF INSURANCE COMMISSIONERS, Kansas City, MO 2005-present
Manager, Application Development and Support
· Manages multiple applications supporting financial analysis/examination and solvency, financial data repository, insurance company licensing, and company mergers/acquisitions business areas.
· Manages relationships and expectations with key business partners and customer groups both internally and externally.
· Works closely with customer departments in development and implementation of application programs having impact on improving the business.
· Advises application owners on the technology possibilities and requirements.
· Directs, motivates and develops staff, maximizing their individual contribution, their professional growth and their ability to function effectively with their colleagues as a team.
· Responsible for personnel management of the team including performance evaluations, mentoring, coaching and instruction, support and guidance in their daily work, reward and performance improvement of staff, time approval, workload balancing, standards and policy creation and enforcement, interviewing and candidate selection, architectural and design decisions, and team and individual team member development.
· Collaborate with matrixed service providers for BA, PM, SQA, UX, Architect and Infrastructure roles to construct a highly cooperative and cohesive logical team.
· Provide leadership for my team and department through identification and enforcement of best practices, contribution to database and systems architecture, policies, and processes.
· Works closely with other senior Information Systems management staff to oversee and ensure the continual development, upgrade and maintenance of all databases and applications, which includes ensuring system design, implementation and rollout processes are completed timely, accurately, and in accordance with the division strategic plan.
ALCATEL-LUCENT, Overland Park, KS 2000-2004
· Successfully managed end-to-end cross-organizational Wireless Intelligent Network development programs with annual revenue exceeding $35 million. Directed activities of up to 50 employees.
· Planned and organized complex product and service programs; principal customer contact and Lucent liaison for all scope, schedule and program related matters with large multi-billion dollar customer.
· Improved processes to track delivery, installation and customer acceptance of products and services to ensure timely and accurate billing.
· Formed and directed critical issues teams made up of customers and executive level management that saved significant cost and time in resolving issues while exceeding customer expectations.
· Managed major corporate product and service programs within the entire lifecycle utilizing cross-functional management techniques to successfully implement division and corporate objectives.
· Provided input and guidance in the areas of program management and product analysis to ensure customer satisfaction and better product and service offerings, which contributed in growing sales.
· Direct primary interface with Sales team to support customer requirements and corporate sales goals.
· Finalized product features and managed customer installations and implementations (multi-site) in accordance with negotiated contracts and schedules.
· Implemented web-enabled document tracking system to improve internal and external communication.
· Instrumental in set-up and execution of customer Quality Partnership Initiative to measure and report performance and customer satisfaction in key success factor areas (New Product Introduction, Verification Testing, Service Assurance, Hardware Quality, Testing, and Delivery/Installation).
· Proven track record of managing multiple large-scale releases concurrently.
HALLMARK CARDS, Kansas City, MO 1997-2000
· Managed projects geared towards performance improvement, productivity and system efficiency. Initiatives typically affect up to five internal/external business areas.
· Managed systems development, enhancement and support functions for vendor managed inventory (POS) system with key retailer. Improved efficiency of customer in-store inventory by systematically re-ordering product when set inventory level was met.
· Identified and implemented processes (EDI) to support strategies established in partnership with key retailer improving efficiency in ordering, accounts receivable, and accounts payable. Client size ranges to upwards of $100 million annual revenue producing corporations.
· Cultivated professional relationships with retailers’ functional and operational business management staff (front-line to executive level). Identified opportunities to integrate business processes, procedures and information flow between Hallmark and respective client accounts.
· Managed activities of EDI staff to support internal and external business functions and system requirements. Coordinated process change and quality improvement initiatives.
· Managed procurement, installation and maintenance of computer equipment (hardware, software and peripherals); worked with strategic suppliers to reduce administrative costs.
BLUE CROSS AND BLUE SHIELD, Kansas City, MO 1988-1997
Manager, Technical Systems
· Managed subsidiary applications development and operations department of major healthcare organization. Duties included managing the applications development and business operations staff consisting of up to 30 employees with annual budget exceeding $3 million.
· Implemented inventory, job shop, and accounts receivable system resulting in both reduced headcount and timely customer billing.
· Set business and team productivity and quality goals. Implemented measures to quantify productivity and quality improvements.
· Developed staff career plans and project accountabilities, conducted project and job reviews, and set performance plans and goals.
· Coordinated multi-company projects with both internal business areas as well as external customer accounts.
· Fiscal responsibilities included acquisitions in the areas of operation equipment, external vendor service agreements (annual and multi-year), and business operation software.
· Performed application review of an external vendor client/server based inventory control system. Manager responsible for the integration of the inventory control system with other internal application systems. Performed analysis and provided project oversight in the areas of system security, business area access and system redundancy.
SPRINT, Kansas City, MO 1987-1988
EDS (GENERAL MOTORS), Kansas City, KS 1985-1987
MBA, Webster University, Kansas City, MO
BA, Finance, Park University, Parkville, MO
BS, Computer Information Systems, University of Central Missouri, Warrensburg, MO
ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management
Certified ScrumMaster (CSM)
Member of Project Management Institute (PMI)