Technical Account Manager | Customer Success | Sales & Pre-Sales
Engineering, post-sales, and pre-sales expert with extensive leadership experience delivering solutions in the telecommunications and service provider industry. Skilled in analyzing customer requirements and architecture, identifying optimal solution sets, overseeing deployments, and ensuring customer satisfaction to deliver high-revenue products and services. Proficient in managing strategic customer relationships, organizing multiple project roadmaps, and prioritizing resources to streamline operations.
• Product Development
• Technical Sales
• Vendor Management
• Account Management
• System Engineering
• Customer Relationships
• Business Development
• Strategic Planning
• Contract Negotiations
Career Highlights & Key Skills
• Led engineering team accountable for architecture, development, and implementation of core telecom network and deployed solution across 29 Wireless Data Centers within 2 years of network design.
• Developed a 3-year capacity forecast to address telecom customer growth by leading cross-functional team to analyze data usage, equipment thresholds, and marketing plans, resulting in 70% savings compared to initial launch projections.
• Developed 5-year strategic growth plan for core network, resulting in reduction of projected operational expense costs by more than 25%.
• Through creative troubleshooting and persistent cross-functional engineering analysis, resolved complex network performance issue for Tier 1 service provider in 25% less time than initially forecasted.
• Delivered $200K cybersecurity validation solution with major Tier 1 operator within 3 months of opportunity qualification with customer.
• Negotiated $1.3M support renewal contract with Tier 1 operator, achieving first ever multi-year deal with customer account.
• Increased sales revenue by 50% within 6 months of taking ownership of MSO account through increased customer success planning and technology transfer opportunities.
• Managed a strategic plan to minimize number of customer-impacting issues in network through improved QA, resulting in 20% reduction in lab escape defects.
• Created a lead prospecting model analyzing strategic account history, contact success rate, and new revenue potential, improving new customer reach by 80%.
• Increased new customer leads by 40% through effective territory management plan with strategic channel partners.
• Developed strategic plan with Inside Sales to increase communication with top 20 new accounts by 75%, which involved expanded cold-calling, social media prospecting, and marketing events.
Keysight Technologies (IXIA), Olathe, KS 2016-2019
Regional Sales Manager, Carrier & Service Providers (2017-2019)
Managed sales territory in Midwest and Plains states to optimize performance across Tier 1-3
service provider networks through customer delivery of network and security testing and
performance monitoring solutions.
• Product focus included hardware appliances, subscription licensing, and cloud SaaS for
customer application & security validation, cloud visibility monitoring, proactive
network KPI assessments.
• Leveraged strong Channel Partner relationships to build client base and increase reach
of new customer opportunities within assigned territory.
• Competently identified and prioritized action plans to explore business opportunities
and generate over $3M client accounts for Carrier and MSO operators.
• Successfully managed stakeholders to identify new customers, negotiate contract
terms, examine sales performance, and mentored technical sales staff.
• Managed sales cycle including client profile management, lead tracking, sales
forecasting, and purchase order closure through CRM software (Salesforce).
Sales Engineer, Strategic Accounts (2016-2017)
Presented network security, testing, and visibility solutions to strategic Tier 1&2 Carrier and
MSO customers to achieve required business and performance objectives.
• Utilized product knowledge regarding IXIA product portfolio and differentiators and
applied analytical skills to evaluate and recommend optimal solutions.
• Delivered pre-sale product demonstrations, managed Proof of Concept (PoC) customer
trials, and worked closely with customers on post-sale software implementation.
Sprint, Overland Park, KS 2000-2015
Gateway Lead Test Engineer (2014-2015)
Vendor manager and lead engineer responsible for Sprint 3G & 4G data core gateway products
and design certification for CDMA, LTE, and Wi-Fi wireless data solutions through lab and field
• Designed and implemented test strategy and quality standards for packet core data
products to deliver gateway solutions and features for data network deployment.
• Analyzed and prioritized business requirements to create test cases and execute test
scripts for individual testing levels.
Manager, 4G Core Development (2010-2014)
Extensive management experience in developing Sprint Network Vision 4G Data Core business
strategy, architecture and engineering development, requirement management, and network
• Successfully executed fiscal management of $110M budget implementation for 4G LTE
Core supplier development solutions.
• Formulated and executed business strategy to ensure core network simplification
evolution, including RFP development, supplier analysis, and cost reduction strategies.
Other Relevant Professional Experience at Sprint
Manager, Data Network Authentication & Roaming; Network Systems Engineer
Education & Technical Expertise
• The University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, MS, Electrical Engineering.
• Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology, Terre Haute, IN, BS, Electrical Engineering.
• Ixia Test Security & Monitoring (BreakingPoint, IxLoad, IxNetwork, Hawkeye, Network
Taps, Packet Brokers, Bypasses, CloudLens)
• Salesforce, UCaaS.