MUHAMMAD IHSANULHAQ SARFRAZ
Indianapolis, IN 46228 | (765) 418 8974 | firstname.lastname@example.org | LinkedIn | Webpage
FULL STACK DEVELOPER
Innovative engineering professional with five years of experience in full stack development. Partners with developers to drive quality throughout all phases of software development to create user-friendly, bug-free projects. Participant in all phases of SDK construction process from concept to end-product. Working with an established team of developers and interact with product managers, marketing teams and designers. Genuine interest in all software technology. Experienced in using visual and statistical analysis, supervised and unsupervised machine learning algorithms, and big data technology. R&D in information security and privacy in cloud and distributed domains. US Permanent Legal Resident.
Front & Back-End Development | Java Application Development |
Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) | Data Science | Information Security
EDUCATION & TRAINING
Ph.D., Electrical and Computer Engineering, Purdue University, In Progress
M.Sc., Electrical and Computer Engineering, Purdue University, 2012
B.Sc., Computer Science, King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals, 2009
Data Science, NYC Data Science Academy, In Progress
Linux in the Real World & Shell Scripting, Linux Training Academy, 2018
GAP (2016): Developed full-stack online survey platform using the MEAN stack to create and disseminate surveys. Supported analytics engine to process survey responses and provide visual representation of results. Participated in all phases of SDK construction process from concept to end-product (MEAN.io).
Sapelo Square (2018): Collaborated with contributors to plan, create, edit, and publish content for website; maintain functionality; and add to format look, feel, and accessibility including mobile platforms (CSS, WordPress).
PURDUE UNIVERSITY, West Lafayette, IN | 2012—Present
Full Stack Web Developer
· Developed online survey platform for competency assessment with highly customizable surveys using MEAN stack. Initial target personnel[A2] includes personnel selection, training, and professional development.
· Found significant patterns from MOOC platform using clustering techniques & regression analysis that allowed understanding and improvement of learner experiences, logistical challenges & behaviors, and factors affecting learner engagement, retention, motivation, & attrition.
HEWLETT PACKARD ENTERPRISE (HPE), Sunnyvale, CA | 2017
Software Engineering Intern
· Designed security mechanism for ArcSight Investigate to allow data encryption while allowing system to query and analyze encrypted data. Significant gains in privacy while incurring only modest overhead of 1.8x-2.4x.
· Provided support for user interface to visualize data for identifying patterns, anomalies, and relationship between events. UI allowed viewing of key metrics at a glance and continuously monitored investigations in progress.
HEWLETT PACKARD ENTERPRISE (HPE), Palo Alto, CA | 2016
Software Engineering Intern
Worked on secure and private processing of large datasets using HPE Distributed Mesh Computing (DMC) solution for IoT traffic, alternative that lies at intersection of Big Data and IoT where devices can collaboratively use analytics to solve new business problems without having raw data leave device. Yielded solution centered on encryption that imposed modest overhead. (C++, PostgreSQL, Citus).
· Designed DMC security solution critical for sensitive data residing on edge nodes in C++. Based on encryption supporting analytics on data without need to decrypt first & never shares encryption keys with untrusted entities.
· Evaluated performance and functionality of encrypted database with results showing solution useable with overhead of 25-35%.
ERICSSON, Riyadh, KSA | 2009
Software Engineering Intern[A3]
Encryption of Network Traffic Traces, 2017, Patent Pending
DBMask: Fine-Grained Access Control on Encrypted Relational Databases, Outstanding Paper Award
Distributed Access Control Architecture for Cloud Computing, 2012, 136 cites in Google Scholar as of 07/07/2018