Software Engineer | International Business Leader
Strategic minded IT leader with a history of developing high performance teams, conducting successful project management, organizational planning, and then executing on strengths to help advance company towards profitable goals. Skilled in IBM DB2, Requirements Analysis, Agile Methodologies, and CSM.
· Process Implementation
· International Business
· Client Relations & Support
· Process Improvement
· Software Development
· Organizational Design
· Incident Resolution
· Project Management
· Application Support
Career Highlights & Key Accomplishments
· Designed and implemented application support methodology for addressing client reported software defects. This included end to end process workflow, JIRA repository design and implementation, risk-based issue prioritization schema, and Agile SDLC, increasing transparency for clients and reducing issue carry over counts by 50%.
· Designed, implemented, and refined process to extract business rules from 20-year-old monolithic mainframe application for the purpose of rewriting using open systems infrastructure and technologies. Project projected to increase transactional processing capacity by 90% and reduce processing time by 80%.
· Implemented data change control process in order to reduce risk and errors associated with manual updates of application databases.
· Implemented system improvement initiative to stabilize technical debt, resulting in need for daily direct database updates to support operations. In four months, reduced the number of technical hours spent on database updates by 90%.
· Implemented technical initiative to reduce number of mainframe ABENDs (batch system failures). Reduced the number of system outages by 75%, while increasing mainframe regions by 50%.
· Designed and managed implementation of automated order management process that bypassed and requeued orders. This reduced number of business and technical hours needed to manage events by 95%.
· Lead staff in 3-week recovery process resulting from outage in 3rd party software. Managed daily order pricing and resubmission, preventing hundreds of hours in client operations rework and ensuring seamless workflow due to the incident.
· Lead team in year-end effort to recover from dividend calculation issue resulting from software application defect that prevented setup of thousands of dividend calculations. Recovery occurred quickly enough to meet year end SLAs.
· Lead team in effort to correct mutual fund trading errors due to software defect causing all trades to process at JUMBO. Team implemented processes to correct in flight client and omnibus trades as well as posted transactions. These efforts reduced gain/loss liability for company.
SS&C Technologies (formerly DST Systems), Kansas City, MO 2003-Present
Software Engineering Director (2018-Present)
Leader of software development organization consisting of three cross functional scrum teams both domestic and offshore.
· Responsible for team’s adherence to organizations product development principals, including SDLC.
· Serve in the Scrum Master role for the domestic team, while conducting performance management of all domestic staff and offshore leaders.
· Business Rule Development (code mining) work stream leader for the Subaccounting 2.0 program, which is moving Subaccounting mainframe legacy product to an open systems environment.
Software Engineering Manager (2014-2018)
Managed Subaccounting Application Support, Tuning, and Client Support teams. This included developing, amending, and measuring goals and initiatives. Produced and maintained team plan and structure decisions (including Offshore teams), conducted associate engagement and review activities, established and controlled policies and procedures.
· Designed, documented, and implemented JIRA work tracking process for Subaccounting Support.
· Designed, implemented, and continuously improved Kanban methodology for Application Support team working in DevOps environment.
· Led team in continuous improvement initiatives, such as ABEND Reduction, SameDay Request Reduction, Backlog Reduction, and Operational Support Tool Development
SME Expat, Bangkok, Thailand – Sr. Software Project Leader (2010-2013)
Built Subaccounting Support & Full-Service Support teams in Bangkok Offshoring Center (BOC). Developed team structure and hiring plan, team policies and procedures, and the leadership succession plan.
· Interviewed/hired all levels of staff, regularly interfacing with Kansas City leadership on team assignments and strategy.
· Provided Subaccounting and NSCC business and technical training to all BOC staff.
· Provided Subaccounting SME role for both Support & Development teams, and led organization-wide soft skill training topics
Software Project Leader (2008-2010)
On boarded and supported Morgan Stanley to company Subaccounting. Researched and implemented changes to bridge system gaps between our company and previous vendor.
· Tuned and redesigned business processes to meet SLAs for Roll Up & SameDay Confirmation file delivery.
· Designed and coded Error Account Process to keep funds in balance throughout trade cycle by using broker ledger accounts (included client visit for requirement gathering).
Other SS&C Technologies Experience Prior to 2008
Senior Software Developer, Staff Software Developer, Software Developer
Education, Training, & Certifications
· Lincoln University, Jefferson City, MO, BS, Computer Information Systems.
· State Fair Community College, Sedalia, MO, AA, Business Administration.
Sun Certified Java Programmer SE 6.0|7.0
Mainframe Developer Bootcamp
IBD Certified Specialist
AS/400 Professional System Operator (V4 R1)
MQ700, Advanced Design Techniques for Websphere MQ