Experienced self-motivated professional that loves a challenge. Looking to use previous work and personal experience to make a career change to become a Ruby on Rails web developer.
Areas of Experience
– SQL (Intermediate to Advanced)
– Windows/Linux/Mac OSX (Intermediate to Advanced)
– Windows command line / Bash (Intermediate)
– Ruby/Rails/Python (Beginner)
– HTML/CSS/Bootstrap (Beginning to Intermediate)
– Github/Heroku (Beginner)
– Asked to take part in a department inner web team to improve department communication due to my technical aptitude (Novell).
– Maintained a 3.6 GPA and obtained the most outstanding Management of Information Systems student award (Adams State).
– Part of a team that received the McKesson Million Dollar award for improving cash flow by $6.9 million in a single year. (San Luis Valley Health)
Projects found on Github
Blocitoff ñ Application that allowed the creation of a to-do list. https://github.com/jmuldvp/blocitoff
MarkMe ñ Social bookmarking app that allows users to send and manage bookmarks. https://github.com/jmuldvp/markme
Kele ñ Ruby gem API client to access and use the Bloc API. https://github.com/jmuldvp/kele
Inquire ñ Analytics tool to track user activity (currently working on). https://github.com/jmuldvp/inquire
Financial Planning Association August 2015 to Present
– SQL script development
– Application troubleshooting w/ SQL trace
– Modify stored procs/views when necessary
– Web site testing
– Customize PowerQuery joins with M language
– Conversion of Crystal Reports to other system
– Created processes to save people from having to manually look at reports and modify or key data into the companies CRM
San Luis Valley Health August 2003 to August 2015
– SQL script development
– Research database issues with SQL tools
– Some knowledgeable on HL7 interfaces
– Batch scripting
– Studied database designs for hospital and clinic and served as a SME on the financial applications
– Saved tens of thousands of dollars for our pharmacy by creating an automated ETL process to export data to a regulatory agency.
– Saved the Business Office and Medical Records departmentís hours each week by automating data movement processes.
Spherion ñ Guardian Industries September 1999 to June 2003
– Unix command line work
– DOS based utilities to re-index database
– Modified Clipper code for Y2K purposes
– Created Access database to keep track and maintain the companyís hardware inventory.
B.S. Management of Information Systems, Adams State University, Alamosa Co
– Advanced Math (Calculus/Linear Algebra)
– Physics (Both Algebra and Calculus based)
– Business classes for my major (Web design, Linux, Statistics, Office productivity suite, Networking, Accounting and Marketing)
– Project: Setup a usability lab and asked students to navigate to find similar information on RMAC schools websites. Produced stats on length of time it took and how many clicks it took to land on the desired page.
Software Engineering Track, Bloc.io, online (San Francisco, CA), started June 2016
– Ruby on Rails foundation Track
– Software Engineering Track
– Open source apprenticeship
I take classes from Bloc part time in the evenings which allows me to have a full time job. Iím currently finishing up the RoR track and will start on the Front End Track in April 2017. My expected completion time frame for all 4 tracks in the summer of 2018.
Related professional development
– Microsoft Certifications: IT Professional, Technology Specialist, SQL Server 2008 Business Intelligence Development (MCTS, MCTIP), Database Developer 2008, Database Administrator 2005, SQL Server 2005 (MCTS)
– Microsoft SQL Server 2000 administration class
– McKesson data modeling class
Adams State University
August 2004 thru December 2006
BS Management of Information Systems
I was awarded the Most Outstanding MIS Graduate Award.
June 2016 thru May 2019
Software Engineering Apprenticeship
I study web development with Bloc.io in the evenings online and will complete the program in May 2019. I’m in their Software Engineering apprenticeship program.