Gregory J Siegrist
20960 W. 117th Terrace (913)526-1518
Olathe, KS 66061 firstname.lastname@example.org
Sr. Business Analyst
Innovative and resourceful professional with many years of IT experience and delivered a reputation for delivering success in resource constrained environments. Very extensive knowledge of SQL, Word, Excel, Visio, Access, PowerPoint, Power BI and ability to learn new things quickly. Gather information from the business using various modeling techniques like Waterfall, Agile and Scrum. Have been a liaison between the business and technical teams and create business and technical documents in the coordination of projects and be detail oriented. This helped increase the growth and profitability in a dynamic, fast paced environment by using written and verbal communication skills. As a business analyst developed and understanding the process and possessed a wide range of skills to help increase the growth of profitability of the company by working on small to large projects as a team member or individual. Proven and outstanding knowledge of databases, while maintaining and supporting projects through impactful analysis, coding and testing. Possesses insightful skills to understand the big picture and how the system and its applications will affect other areas of the company resulting in success.
Summary of Qualifications
►Business Analysis ►Project Management ► Developer/Support
►Waterfall/Agile/Scrum ► Organization ► Building Relationships
►Communication Skills ►Decision Making Process ►Mentoring/Coaching
Argus Healthcare Jan 2017–Present
Responsibilities included working with the business gathering information to create data business reports. Use SQL to inspect the data and analyze the reports and report the findings to the business while understanding the big picture of how it will affect the organization.
· Created data business reports explaining to the business why claims were denied in error and which claims might have exposure to the customer. Used SQL queries and RxNova to analyze the data. The reports and output were created using Microsoft Word and Excel. The Agile Methodology was followed.
· Created data business reports explaining to the business why claims were overpaid and/or underpaid in error and which claims might have exposure to the customer. This involved using RxNova tool to rework the claims. Used SQL and RxNova to analyze the data for the claims. The reports and output were created using Microsoft Word and Excel. The Agile Methodology was followed.
22nd Century Technologies (Contractor) June 2016–Oct 2016
Responsibilities included working with the business gathering information to create business and technical documents, inspecting the data, creating testing documentation and understand the big picture of how it will affect the organization.
Gregory J. Siegrist
· Created business analysis documents for the development team to use on the Direct Loan System. This involved creating business analysis documents for the development team to use and also to be given the business. Business requirements were created in Microsoft Word, Excel, Visio and Power BI. Used SQL queries to analyze the data. The Agile Methodology is being followed.
Waddell and Reed Apr 2010–May 2016
Systems Analyst/Business Analyst
Responsibilities included working with the business and management gathering information to determine the process, create technical documents, and understand the big picture and how it will affect the company. On multiple projects was the Project Lead.
· The Mutual Funds Accounting team wanted to modify the Bloomberg process. Needed to document business information and business rules from them to give to the development team. This required to identify the process that will be affected and to improve on the process that was already in place. The Agile Methodology system was used for this. Created the Business Requirement in Word, Visio, Excel and Powerpoint.
· For the creation of the new funds needed to work with Client Services team to document business information and business rules from them to give to the development team as needed to make sure that all the processes included these new funds. This had a very high visibility all the way up to the CEO of the company. Business requirements were created in Microsoft Word and Excel.
· Gather information from the business to decrease the run time of the Invest1 nightly process as it was taking a long time to run. Needed to document business information and business rules to be given to the development team. By streamlining the process it reduced the run time from four hours to less than two hours. The requirements were created in Microsoft Word, Visio, Excel and Powerpoint.
· Gather business information and business rules from the business to give to the development team for Advisor Mailing process. This required working with the business using my verbal and written communication skills to determine the process they would like to create and timeline they would like to have this implemented by. Following the Waterfall Methodology system. Created the Business Requirement in Word, Visio and Powerpoint.
· Helped keep the data being received from Pershing accurate as needed to remove and add fields to 15 tables. This involved coordinating these changes with the DBA group and to update the tables by writing the scripts for them to use. The coding changes on the mainframe side were to be done in COBOL and have the data loaded into the tables by using SSIS on Visual Studio 2008 updating the SQL Server 2008R2 using ETL. Using SQL for query based information of the tables.
· Working with Client Services to update the SCTY table as they needed some additional information stored and updated. Needed to modify the process for updating the source information tables, target tables, mapping design and work flow. This required working with DBA group to migrate the changes to the tables from Development to Production. The coding was done in INFORMATICA updating the tables in the SQL Server 2008R2. Using SQL for query based information of the tables.
Computer Access (Contractor) Nov 2009-Mar 2010
Senior Analyst Programmer
Responsibilities included working with the business and management coding and testing the results prior to production.
· The Ineligible Tracking System tables needed to be updated. Identify the need to create programs to add records to the table if they were not already out there and updated the table if they were already there. Then send a message to let the business know of the additions or changes to the data. The languages being modified were DB2 and KORNSHELL.
Gregory J. Siegrist
Hallmark Cards, Inc. Mar 2001-Oct 2009
Senior Analyst Programmer
Responsibilities included working through the analysis, coding and testing of changes prior to production. On multiple projects was the team lead.
· Self-motivated to identify problems with the Recast Process. As team lead initiated a process by rewriting the code. This required working with the business using my verbal and written communication skills to determine the process they would like to create and timeline they would like to have this fix implemented by.
· While managing four employees for a 3½ year EDW Project in making the company’s data more manageable by having it in one place. This was to streamline the process and increase the efficiencies of retrieving the data. It was all new development and over 100 tables were created or replaced. The languages used were TERADATA, DB2, COBOL, CICS and JCL.
· Wrote code to successfully increase the efficiencies and accuracy of the Accounts Receivable system. This was to refresh the Database Tables with additional data. It also decreased the run time from 2 hours to almost 15 minutes a night. The languages used were TERADATA, DB2, COBOL and JCL.
MICROSOFT OFFICE TOOLS, MICROSOFT WINDOWS, INFORMATICA, SSIS, SSRS, TABLEAU, SQL, T-SQL, PL/SQL, DB2, TERADATA, C#, .NET, ORACLE, ERWIN, JAVA, COBOL, MICROFOCUS COBOL, VSAM, CICS, SAP ABAP, REXX, EXPEDITER, HTML, JCL, SYNCSORT, FILEAID, EASYTRIEVE PLUS, SAS, ITIL, COOLGEN, SQL SERVER 2005, 2008R2, 2012, VISUAL STUDIO 2005, 2008, 2010
Bachelor of Science, Computer Science
Southern Illinois University, Carbondale, IL
Southern Illinois University
- August 1980/May 1985 Bachelor of Science in Computer Science