Employee Oriented Leader | Lean Manufacturing | Culture Developer
Dynamic manufacturing executive with over 15+ years of experience leading automotive, diesel, remanufacturing, and industrial manufacturing operations. Combine strong communication and team leadership skills with exceptional motivational abilities. Dedicated to involving employees at all levels in the ownership of the business. An outstanding record of achievement in lean manufacturing, 5S Kanban, and cost reduction programs.
• Operations Planning
• Risk Avoidance
• Organizational Design
• Cost Reduction, Avoidance
• Change Management
• Strategic Planning
• Value Add Services
• Business Startups
• Business Turnarounds
Career Highlights & Key Skills
• Hit commitment to our customers of an on-time delivery to our dealers of 97% in year 1, and increased to a 98.7% same day fill, over 5,500+ finished part numbers year 2.
• Grew employment from 60 members in 2003, to over 650 members in late 2018 worldwide and placed facilities manufacturing and parts distribution centers in 6 countries.
• Successfully launched the South America Remanufacturing business for John Deere Reman and its dealers in Brazil and Mexico, on budget, on time and with employment of 15 people and a revenue of $15M.
• Successfully launched the Remanufacturing Turbocharger business for John Deere Reman and its worldwide dealers, with 75 employees and a revenue of $35M with a ROI of 25%+.
Cost Reduction & Avoidance
• Started an employee continuous improvement program (CI200) with performance bonus paid out quarterly based on measurable improvements in productivity of 3% a year, totaling 18% and material usage improvement of 36% over the last 7 years.
• Using Value Stream Mapping events throughout the operations on a quarterly basis, reduced engine production throughput by 35% and cut labor by 15%.
• Held yearly Lean events with production, manufacturing, EHS, scheduling, purchasing, warehousing, quality, and HR to improve the tack time of the engine assembly lines by 30 minutes, increasing volume without adding assets and labor.
• Built and operated the most EHS environmental /safe (Gold Status) plants within John Deere worldwide manufacturing facilities of 104 facilities in the last 10 years.
• Headed the development a (BCP) Business Continuation Plan for all four production plants and offices in case of production stoppage or weather event. This helped reduce our risk to customers and lowered our FMG insurance by 15% a year.
• Managed and implemented a complete risk assessment development and introduced a scoring of all the operations on a yearly basis with all department managers. This helped us to keep a head of changing policies, procedures, and environmental challenges.
Kapital Koncepts, Nixa, MO 2018-Present
Chief Executive Officer/President
Serve on the senior leadership team of this private equity firm managing a portfolio of businesses that includes advertising, salons, property management, consulting, agriculture, personal fitness, and home maintenance firms. This includes leading a team of 5 direct reports and managing an operating budget of ~$2M.
• Implemented a program with local colleges to assist students in understanding the needed qualities for emerging business leaders. The program has been successfully used with 300+ students to launch their hospitality industry careers.
• Serve as an executive consultant with small to mid-size companies to improve skills for management, problem solving, and day-to-day operations.
• Developing a program to help provide services to homebound individuals that need home repairs and small projects to be completed timely and low cost.
• Developed a business recovery plans for all businesses under Kapital Koncepts LLC Holdings.
John Deere, Springfield, MO 2003-2018
Recruited by John Deere to assist in the creation of a successful remanufacturing division. This included leading multi-site operations that totaled 700K square feet of manufacturing space across 4 separate countries (Germany, Canada, Brazil, and the US). Led a team of 11 direct reports, up to 700 total staff, and managed a budget of $100M+ with $300M in assets.
• Helped direct staff of 11 grow into higher career opportunities, positions, and promotions within John Deere.
• Led the team to receive not just one John Deere Presidential Award but two over the 3-year period for outstanding business performance.
• Successfully led all remanufacturing facilities to become 5S certified, OSHA certified, EHS certified, SOX compliant, and SAP ERP compliant.
• Successfully launched the John Deere Remanufacturing business in late 2003 with SCR and John Deere Worldwide Parts Division.
• Started an employee continuous improvement program (CI200) with performance bonus paid out quarterly based on measurable improvements.
• Developed, implemented, and achieved one of the highest Customer Satisfaction Net Promoter scores for the company, which includes quality, delivery, price, and responsiveness out of 2,400+ John Deere Dealer Members.
Other Relevant Professional Experience
Ryan Enterprise Company, Ocala, FL
Director of Manufacturing, Director of Operations, Business Unit Manager
Education & Specialized Training
• Ball State University, Muncie, IN, BAS, Industrial Technology.
• Ball State University, Muncie, IN, AS, Plastics Marketing.
• Toyota Production Systems, Kaizen, 5M, 5S, DOE, QS9000, JIT, TQM, TPM, Lean Manufacturing, CI200, Value Stream Mapping, Six Sigma Blackbelt, Certified Nutritionist and Pe