Strategy, Sales & Operations | International Business & Startups
Executive leader with more than 15 years of success driving and managing company growth. Proven ability to scale companies quickly in multiple countries incorporating Managed Services, HR, Client Support, Account Management, and Software Engineers. Former Chief Operations Officer that has successfully exited from the company he co-founded. Known for a collaborative leadership style that enables team members from entry level to senior management to contribute, challenge, question, and show passion for the company and its direction.
· Operations Management
· Employee Development
· Marketing & Branding
· Strategic Planning
· Global Markets
· Product Development
· Client Relations
· Process Improvement
· Project Management
Career Highlights & Key Skills
Sales and Operations Management
· Increased Managed Services productivity by 300% over a 3-year period while maintaining a high level of accuracy through a data audit program.
· Established software training certification program, training certifications in multiple countries with thousands of users with a 30-day certification vs. 6 months prior for certification due to onsite training.
· Reduced cost of SaaS based software training by 90% through web-based training and certification testing vs. onsite.
· Hired and managed sales, account management, client support personnel in multiple countries, reducing travel costs by 75%.
Strategic Planning and Implementation
· Created and managed a process to rollout new versions of SaaS based software platforms to all clients globally, increasing user licenses by 35%.
· Played a primary role in the design and implementation of new software products for the international logistics sector, increasing revenue by 55%.
· Led regular strategy sessions with sales managers, account managers, CTO, and CEO to determine revenue growth strategy and areas of the industry to expand into. This accounted for a 35% increase in revenue year over prior from inception to exit.
· Created 24/7 global support team, which allowed for response times to clients within 5 minutes by email and immediately by phone. This increased support billing by 20% of all user license fees per client.
· Hired and managed account managers for key global clients in London, Vancouver, New York, Hong Kong, and Hamburg, reducing travel costs by over 60% as company rapidly grew.
· Hired key US experts in maritime industry to manage and train overseas managed services teams. Both teams kept an accuracy rating of 99.7%, which was highest in maritime industry globally for maritime managed services.
· Created global training program and a train the trainer approach, which reduced training costs by 75% and training time by 90%.
5 String Solutions, Overland Park, KS 2019-Present
Chief Strategy Officer
Lead the overall strategy development for IT, overseas operations, client relationships and integrations via close collaboration with the CEO and other executive leaders. Additionally, worked closely with marketing department for effective public communications.
· Analyzed and hired additional team members to create needed operational efficiencies within the organization.
· Managed all API and system integrations with 3rd party software platforms for product footprint expansion, sales growth, and system efficiencies.
· Supervised the implementation and advised in the creation of all SaaS based software for private and public network consumption.
· Managed all client integrations.
· Hired and managed all internal and external software development team members and established clear working lanes with current staff.
Catapult International, Lenexa, KS 2007-2018
Chief Operating Officer
Successfully co-founded and managed the company from inception to acquisition. Oversaw operations including IT Roadmap, HR, Finance, Managed Services, global Account Managers, and Global Support staff. Successfully attracted Seed, A, and exit funding rounds.
· Enjoyed less than 5% personnel attrition rate within US and less than 10% attrition rate in Asia where industry standard was over 30%.
· Assisted co-founder and sales team in closing over 25% of the top 20 Global Freight Forwarders.
· Developed signing to go-live process for new client onboarding and managed client relationships in most commercialized regions of North America, UK, EMEA, APAC, ANZ, China, and Japan
· Developed Managed Services workflow programs that realized 70% increase in efficiencies with US telecommuters and overseas operations.
· Grew from 3 employees to 150 with offices in US, London, Hamburg, Cebu, and Hong Kong in less than 5 years.
· Fostered company culture that drove rapid company growth in multiple locations while maintaining small office mentality and team loyalty.
· Served as the COO through 2 acquisitions of the company. The first acquisition was by Mercator based in Dubai, and the second was by Accelya based in Madrid.
· Northwest Missouri State University, Maryville, MO, BS, Environmental Science.