The Training Specialist will be responsible for developing and executing both new hire training and a continuous training program for 2 teams in a call center setting.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Actively support training initiatives to drive operational efficiency and enhance workplace performance. Responsible for designing and delivering learning programs, identifying learning gaps, and implementing/evaluating solutions.
- Maintain and execute an instructional system to develop learning solutions using various delivery formats including e-learning, instructor-led, and blended learning strategies; develop and implement standard operating procedures (SOP’s), as needed.
- Support department quality and training initiatives to ensure the highest level of team performance and exceptional customer service
- Coach, mentor and train Customer Service Representative (CSR) I, II, III
- Lead by example to promote teamwork and effective working relationships using excellent communication skills with other employees and functional groups to ensure department executes duties at the highest level
- Responsible for the attrition rate of new hire’s initial year. Contribute to team member retention by utilizing effective leadership practices, skills and techniques; this includes an assessment program that identifies gaps in knowledge and skill, providing positive feedback, constructive criticism, and placing emphasis on team member development.
- Supervisory responsibilities for all new hires until their successful assignment to an inbound team
- Manage new hire onboarding activities in preparation of their first 90 days
- Take a lead role in managing recruitment activities.
- Assist in coordination of preparation, execution and testing of new employees and continuous training
- Develop, maintain and report defined continuous training schedule and proficiency testing
- Ability to create reports including Excel spreadsheets, graphs and Powerpoint presentations
- Engage appropriate personnel to identify continuous improvement in processes and workflows; knowledge of CRM workflows and functionality to support processes
“EDUCATION & WORK EXPERIENCE”
- B.S. degree (preferred)
- 3-5 years of previous customer service or experience in a specific area of focus required
- 2-4 years training experience, delivering process, systems and customer training
- Salesforce.com (highly preferred) and/or any Client Relationship Management software experience(desired)
- Knowledgeable of Quality Management Software (QMS) tools, Six Sigma or Lean beneficial
- Previous call center setting experience (highly preferred)
- Medical or Laboratory knowledge (desired, but not mandatory)
- Knowledge, proficiency in application and delivery of SOP’s for products, services and platforms
- Proficiency in Word, Powerpoint, Excel (graphs, pivot tables and formulas), Visio and CRM (SalesForce.com)
- Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction with measurement of training outcomes or effectiveness
- Self-motivated and able to work independently and with minimum supervision
- Goal oriented, able to utilize time management skills and consistently meet deadlines
- Ability to work under pressure and remain calm
- Excellent analytical, prioritizing, planning/decision-making and organizational skills
- Ability to inspire and support people
- Excellent interpersonal, customer service and communication skills
- Success in meeting high-performance standards related to work quality and quantity
Per the hiring manager, the Training Specialist will have the 4 main responsibilities:
Development of new content, in various formats
Oversight of our job aides, SOP’s, other materials
Assist with organizing the recruitment each year
Manage the classroom training and monitor the new hires until they graduate to their perm team