“TIER 2 TECHNICAL SUPPORT SPECIALIST”
In this position, THE ASSOCIATE INFRASTRUCTURE ENGINEER / TIER 2 TECHNICAL SUPPORT SPECIALIST will interact with other internal associates in person or over the phone to troubleshoot computer-related issues. This may include using remote access tools to resolve issues with operating systems, computer hardware, and network or hardware refresh activities. Solid computer troubleshooting and customer service skills are key to success in this position.
As part of a team, you will be responsible for sharing and documenting processes, procedures and fixes that will help your peers. The team will work together to ensure all tickets are addressed and documented in a timely manner.
- Troubleshoot and resolve computer hardware, software and Windows Operating System issues in person, over the phone or through remote connections.
- May participate in matrix teams for project activities.
- Assist team members with determining resolutions and document those processes and procedure changes to improve corporate standards.
- Ability and commitment to being on time and ready to work on each scheduled day.
- Previous software and hardware troubleshooting and issue resolution experience.
- Experienced with the Microsoft Windows Operating Systems and TCP/IP networking.
- Technical break/fix experience.
- Capable of documenting and editing break/fix resolutions
- Computer network and domain network experience.
- Full resolution HelpDesk (phone and desk-side) experience
- Customer Service experience
- Microsoft Office knowledge and product support experience
- Any certifications would be great and put the candidate higher on the ranking list (Network+, A+, etc)
This will really be more of a Tier 2 Technical Support position where the resource will help alleviate some work from the more tenured/experienced engineers. A mix of hardware, software and basic networking support in an enterprise-level environment. Someone with ServiceNow experience would be great, but any formal ticketing system will suffice. Ideally, this will be a 6-month CTH (for the right person) position with no on-call rotation, very little overtime, set schedules, advancement potential within the organization and the opportunity to work with a well-established, collaborative and supportive team!
The Hiring Manager is motivated to get someone in the door and started ASAP!!!