(API and/or Service Call)
Under the guidance of a senior, lead or principal software engineer, this SOFTWARE ENGINEER will design, develop and maintain software components and products that support and test the business applications, sites, and services/API’s. Work closely with the QA teams and other teams to ensure consistent understanding of requirements and testing approach.
- Use tools, languages, coding standards and best practices to develop new solutions to test product features and maintain year over year product functionality.
- Create and maintain documentation of design approaches.
- Create and maintain software components under the guidance of senior or lead software engineer.
- Participate in technical design and code reviews for all new enhancements and maintenance work delivered. Under the guidance of the lead engineer or senior software engineer, understand business and functional requirements and produces technical specifications and product requirements.
- Create, maintain and execute tests and test plans/scenarios.
- Maintain current knowledge on the latest technologies relevant to the role regarding algorithms, language, design methodology, third party development tools, application platforms, hardware compatibility and operating systems.
“EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE”
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field, or the equivalent through a combination of education and work experience.
- Knowledge of software development concepts and best practices.
- Knowledge of all phases of the software development lifecycle.
- Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated effective time management, organizational, prioritization, and planning skills.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills. Ability to develop creative solutions in assigned projects.
- Ability to work in a team environment with limited supervision.
“LANGUAGES / TECHNOLOGIES”
- Experience with Postman, SoapUI, or other Service Call related software.
- RestSharp, httpWebRequest, or other API & Service Call related experience.
- Selenium or automated testing framework experience.