This is a unique opportunity for a SOFTWARE ENGINEER to play a key role in building out a series of data centers that will contribute to an enterprise-level organization’s transition to Azure. The Software Engineer will be responsible for developing SSIS packages and Stored Procedures for the Operational Data Stores development.
- Utilize SSIS packages to move data from on-prem to ODS
- T-SQL programming to talk to MS SQL and Azure databases
- Manage the transition to Azure ADI
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems or related field; or a combo of education and work experience
- 9 years (minimum) of experience designing, developing and delivering IT solutions
- 3 years (minimum) of experience with Agile development methodologies
5 years (minimum) of SSIS/T-SQL stored procedure experience
- T-SQL experience
- Proven teamwork experience as part of working with high performing teams
- Demonstrated track record of establishing priorities and meeting deadlines.
- Superior oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills. Strong presentation and facilitation skills to communicate with and influence a wide range of audiences.
- Azure Data Factory (ADF) experience (preferred)
PERSONALITY AND TEAM DETAILS: Having a DevOps mentality and/or someone who is familiar with user stories and interacting with ADO would be extremely beneficial! There will be 3-person teams of ninjas (QA, BA and SW ENG) working a mile-a-minute, so communication and teamwork skills will be imperative! IF someone has an overlap of skills/experience, such as BA and QA or QA and Dev exp – that would be great! Be ready to come in, roll up your sleeves and get to work!
DURATION / INTERVIEW: They have staggered Go-Live dates set from Oct 2019 – Apr 2020. Their fiscal year ends in Apr – so while they expect these contracts to run much longer than 8 months – he can only guarantee someone funding through the remainder of their fiscal year. Doesn’t see this converting to an FTE. H1B accepted.