“DATA QUALITY ANALYST”
THE DATA QUALITY ANALYST position is primarily responsible for facilitating timely and accurate hospital data submissions in the areas of financial, operations, and human resource data. This position directs clients in the appropriate mapping of hospital departments, job titles, general ledger accounts, and codes to standardized terms used to ensure data comparability. THE DATA QUALITY ANALYSTS improve the delivery of reliable content through documentation of both processes and terminology strategies to generate repeatable and standardized outcomes.
The secondary responsibility of the DATA QUALITY ANALYST position is advancing the comparability of data by proactively identifying areas of opportunity, establishing data quality standards, and collaborating across teams to create solutions for improvement.
- Facilitate the data submission process by leveraging available technologies to manage both hospital data content and our classification systems. Provide definitions, guidelines examples, and collaborate with internal and client staff to ensure reliable comparisons.
- Provide exemplary customer service including but not limited to document changes, adjusting data submission project plans, and timely resolution of data content issues.
- Provide timely and accurate communication of submission status.
- Identify terminology/classification standardization issues and facilitate resolution.
- Work with data product users to identify data quality checks to implement as part of the data submission process.
- Facilitate the implementation of new data quality checks as part of the data submission process.
- Work with internal resources and IT teams to load submitted data into reporting databases ensuring the data is released correctly for use as scheduled
- Identify root causes of data quality issues; develop recommendations for addressing them and present recommendations to the appropriate group; Facilitate the resolution of data quality and data submission issues.
- Establish, implement, and maintain a process to monitor and assess data quality
- Conduct periodic reviews/audits of data elements.
- Develop and implement processes to use data from across products to help determine the quality in a particular product.
QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, related field or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working with database products
- Significant knowledge writing SQL queries, developing reports, and working with Microsoft SQL Server environment
- Significant knowledge of data warehousing concepts and processes such as data profiling and ETL
- Knowledge of health care data standards such as HL7 and UB04 and health care code sets like LOINC, ICD9/10, CPT, and SNOMED
- Excellent project and time management skills; ability to organize and prioritize projects
This is a wonderful full-time opportunity with a truly great organization for someone who understands healthcare and data in a hospital setting, but more on a technical level is ideal. (I.E. Understands data and can identify/explain issues to fix it…not analyze it and/or is able to access data from the back-end…meaning know enough about SQL to dig into the data without a report being built).
- Coding Expert – HIM background
- ICD10 – doesn’t have to be an expert, but needs to know it/be familiar with it
- Ability to produce/import large text files; as well as help hospitals figure out why something isn’t working when submitting their data, etc.