This ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT will provide administrative/clerical support to the Military Relationships and Communications Specialist to help ensure the successful coordination and management of the newly acquired Military Spouse of the Year (MSOY) program.
- Send and respond to emails
- Assist with reviewing/reading and verifying nominations
- Make outgoing and answer incoming phone calls
- Manage RSVPs as they come in
- Provide backup support for social media
- Tweak/update previous marketing materials; suggest new avenues to get info out
- Assist with researching/booking speakers, if needed
- Must be detail-oriented
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to multi-task effectively
- Willing to ask questions and take some initiative
- Working knowledge of MS Outlook, Excel, and Word
- Familiarity/knowledge of the military or experience working with the military community (understand how to speak the language, branches and rankings, etc) would be highly preferred
This is a completely new role for the entire organization, so they don’t really have much to go on in the way of responsibilities, expectations, duration, etc. They just bought the rights to the MSOY program last year – so this is their first real go-round with overseeing every aspect of the program. The main event will be the week of May 4th-8th in Washington DC – so the hiring manager believes Jan will be a bit quieter (closer to 20 hours/wk) and Feb – Apr will be busier (30 hours/wk) while they finalize all the details leading up to the event.
Additional details about the nominations/voting process to hopefully provide some insight into what email communication and/or marketing materials this resource could be responsible for:
- All nominations are due BY Feb 28th – hence February being the craziest/busiest time
- Identify a winner from each base
- Categorize bases into branches and send out nominations for online voting for each branch
- Select finalist for Top Navy, Top Army, etc
Can expect to work-from-home a huge majority of the time, with the exception of a few mandatory team meetings. They will provide the necessary technical equipment, phones, etc.