TECHNICAL SUPPORT ENGINEER
This team of Advanced Technical Support Engineers will provide enterprise level technical support to customers located across the country via phone, web, email, chat and other support channels as required. They will be responsible for building relationships and delivering effective solutions to both technical and non-technical end users while supporting a wide range of technologies. This position demands strong communication and problem-solving skills paired with exceptional customer service…which leads to an unlimited growth potential.
- Contribute to the effective and efficient handling of all levels of technical support cases from basic user questions to issues requiring more in-depth technical and problem solving skills
- Independently diagnose and resolve problems within our sphere of the customer environment
- Follow standard procedures for proper escalation of unresolved issues to the appropriate internal team
- Provide prompt and accurate feedback to customers
- Ensure proper recording and closure of all issues
- Design, define and document support processes, training and knowledge-base articles for customer and internal consumption.
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- 5+ years doing enterprise technical support in storage or backup verticals, including advanced issues such as snapshots, replication, data recovery, networking, and VMware administration
- Support Engineers must have outstanding problem solving and relationship building skills
- Systems Administration background, as well as strong technical knowledge of VMware (Hyper-V and/or any other hypervisor), backup methodologies, and Linux functionality (via command lines, etc)
- Experience with scripting languages (Python, Perl…) is a huge plus
- Advanced Support Engineers should be comfortable filing bugs and working with engineering to articulate problem scenarios for reproducing issues
- BS Degree in Computer Science or related field preferred, but not required
RECRUITER NOTES: The Technical Support Engineers MUST not only be highly technical (with a strong understanding of VMware and Linux), but also understand the importance of building relationships and providing top notch customer service to all clients. Joining this company (especially now) is an amazing opportunity for any senior level Technical Support Engineer who is excited to bust out of Corporate America and take their career to the next level.
From a technical standpoint, a Senior Technical Engineer who has some familiarity/experience with scripting (Python, Perl, etc), with enterprise customer service experience, including advanced issues such as snapshots, replication, data recovery and/or networking, in-depth knowledge of Linux, VMware (Hyper-V and/or any other hypervisor), along with familiar with Azure, AWS or any other cloud technology would also be super attractive.
From a personality/culture standpoint, someone who understands the idea of putting in the hard work now to reap the rewards later and has the mentality of do whatever it takes to ensure the customers are happy will thrive in this fast-paced, innovative, growing environment. Someone with leadership skills who can help teach, train and mentor additional support technicians down the road would be helpful.
All direct placements and salary based on experience. Amazing Benefits, including stock options, a ton of growth/advancement opportunity and a fun, fast-paced and forward thinking culture that doesn’t require a dress code and isn’t worried about your personal style, as long as you’re hard-working, accountable and motivated!