TECHNICAL SUPPORT ENGINEER
These Technical Support Engineers will provide enterprise level technical support to customers located across the country via phone, web, email, chat and other support channels as required. They deliver effective solutions to both technical and non-technical end users while also supporting a wide range of technologies. This position demands strong communication and problem solving skills paired with exceptional customer service.
- Contribute to the effective and efficient handling of all levels of technical support cases from basic user questions to issues requiring more in-depth technical and problem solving skills
- Independently diagnose and resolve problems within our sphere of the customer environment
- Follow standard procedures for proper escalation of unresolved issues to the appropriate internal team
- Provide prompt and accurate feedback to customers
- Ensure proper recording and closure of all issues
- Design, define and document support processes, training and knowledge-base articles for customer and internal consumption.
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- 5+ years doing enterprise technical support in storage or backup verticals, including advanced issues such as snapshots, replication, data recovery, networking, and VMware administration
- Must have outstanding problem solving skills
- Systems Administration background
- Must have good technical knowledge of VMware, backup methodologies, and Linux
- Experience with scripting languages (Python, Perl…)
- Should be comfortable filing bugs and working with engineering to articulate problem scenarios for reproducing issues
- BS Degree in Computer Science or related field preferred
RECRUITER NOTES: These are new positions for one of the fastest growing start-ups in Silicon Valley as they are expanding their presence to the Midwest and are looking to add at least 4-5 highly technical Support Engineers to the team. These candidates really need to have a strong understanding of Linux, VMware, SQL and backup methodologies to be successful.
Efficient communication skills and having the “we support our customers even if it’s not our problem” mentality is crucial. Candidates do not necessarily need to have a background in Technical Support, but they must know/understand customer service and be strong technically.
All direct placements and salary based on experience. Amazing Benefits, including stock options, a ton of growth/advancement opportunity and a fun, fast-paced and forward thinking culture that doesn’t require (or really even care) about a dress code/appearance, as long as you’re hard-working, accountable and motivated!
“Hard work now pays huge dividends later”!!!!