DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
NETWORK AND SYSTEM ADMINISTRATION
- Analyzes and resolves problems associated with server and network hardware and software.
- Installs, configures and maintains email servers, web servers, file servers, application servers, print servers and database servers in both production and pre-production environments.
- Performs system administration duties such as installing, configuring, and maintaining monitoring and management systems for servers and desktops.
- Works closely with development staff as it relates to quality control and the updating of current productions applications, as well as implementing newly-developed applications.
- Uses system utilities to monitor and fix security issues, such as virus and security threats.
- Maintains and reviews system logs to determine problems. Provides feedback to IT staff and recommends solutions.
- Maintains physical cable plant of the network including moves, adds, and changes. Ensures changes to the physical layer are communicated.
- Available to perform maintenance during and after business hours as needed.
- Participates in, and supports, Maintenance Weekend efforts.
- Performs and monitors system backups on a daily, monthly and yearly basis.
- Maintains and deposits tape backups in a secure remote location.
LEVEL 2 TECHNICAL SUPPORT
- Keeps current on technologies available and vendor products.
- Provides level 2 technical support and knowledge transfer to Help Desk staff.
- Supports backend for service desk and network audit/inventory applications.
- Conducts general research for various projects to determine alternatives to the resolution of a problem.
- Assists in the general rollout of systems to end users.
HARDWARE AND SOFTWARE MAINTENANCE
- Coordinates requests for service with software and hardware vendors regarding defective products.
- Keeps technical documentation up to date with current system configurations (configuration items).
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in technology or healthcare related field preferred.
- 2-3 years’ experience in systems management (server application/administration)
- MCP and/or other Microsoft preferred.
- VMware, Single Sign On, SAN experience preferred.
- Previous experience supporting Voice over IP, SharePoint and/or Microsoft CRM a plus.
- Training and facilitation skills.
- Written and oral communications skills and strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to organize and prioritize projects.
- Ability to initiate action when appropriate.
- Basic knowledge of personal computer applications.
- Extensive Internet knowledge.
- Logical thinking and decision making skills.
RECRUITER NOTES: This is a backfill position for someone who was just promoted from Sys Admin to a Security Engineer in the same organization. The ideal candidate for this team is someone that isn’t afraid to ask questions, that likes learning new technology, is a logical thinker/decision-maker and understands the value of team collaboration and backing each other up. From a technical standpoint, someone with Single Sign-on support, SAN (NetApp/Nimble), Security (Orion, IDS, firewalls, etc), VMWare, 2013 Exchange, migrations experience and basic CISCO or VOIP knowledge would be highly attractive. Experience in either the healthcare or financial/banking industry where someone would have exposure to Government Regulations, Security Compliance, Data Encryption, etc would be nice-to-have also.
The hiring manager is someone who values work ethic, collaboration, aptitude and attitude and is motivated to get someone in this position ASAP. Please don’t wait to send your resumes as this is truly a great opportunity that won’t be available long.