SOFTWARE QA ANALYST (Automation)
This position requires a highly-motivated Software Quality Assurance Analyst with systems knowledge. The SQA Analyst will be part of the Product Development team and will be reporting to the Product Development manager. The SQA Analyst will participate in all assigned activities related to the planning, coordination, execution and reporting of all test initiatives required to validate software applications and services.
- Develop, document and maintain testing strategies including manual and automated test cases, use case scenarios, regression testing, negative testing, performance, and stress testing.
- Prepare and execute test plans and test cases/scripts, track test data, identify expected results.
- Research, analyze, report, and track defects through completion.Document issues and solutions thoroughly, including relevant data and steps to recreate them so that the problem can be accurately defined.
- Evaluating and testing new or modified software web applications, services, and APIs to verify that they function according to user requirements and specifications.
- Develops end-to-end test cases covering integration points between multiple software applications.
- Participates in user acceptance testing.
- Develops and maintains regression test cases and perform regression testing.
- Creates and executes load/performance tests.
- Thoroughly understands, follows, and promotes the use of SDLC and contributes to documentation.
- Develop, document and maintain automation plans, frameworks, scripts and metrics for functional, regression, and integration tests.
- Work towards maturing and evolving test architecture through the evaluation and adoption of new automation tools, techniques, and practices.
- The QA Analyst is responsible for the overall quality of the product released to production.
- Assists with risk assessment and risk mitigation strategies.
- Assists in the development of software quality assurance standards and process improvement initiatives.
- Minimum five years of applied knowledge and experience in Quality Assurance/Software Testing.
- 2+ years’ experience with writing tests with Selenium (webdriver).
- 3+ years’ experience working in an Agile Scrum environment preferred.
- Proficient oral and written communication skills with both technical and non-technical information.
- Expert level knowledge of QA best practices and methodologies.
- Strong T-SQL testing experience.
- Ability to conduct quality assurance audits and track metrics.
- Expert level manual testing of all application layers.
- Working knowledge of automated testing.
- Proficient in writing test cases, developing test plans, and managing test cycles.
- General knowledge and understanding of operating systems, database, application development tools, and data processing.
- Methodical, detail oriented, efficient, organized.
- Must have experience of the development lifecycle; starting with the analysis, design, construction, implementation, and following through the evolution phases.
- Must have knowledge and usage experience of test management and automation tools.
- Has the ability to create, execute, maintain, and manage test scripts using one or more automation tools, can support load/performance testing.
- Strong understanding of test methodologies, manual/automation test strategies, and testing frameworks.
- Experience with testing on multiple browsers.
- Working experience using MS Visual Test Professional, JIRA for bug tracking, QA Complete, SOAP UI, Postman etc. is preferred.
RECRUITER NOTES: We have a client in Johnson County looking for someone who can build the framework for automation testing in a .Net QA environment from the ground up. They currently have nothing established, so this person needs to be hands on enough to step in, evaluate the environment, perform some manual testing and as they identify where the team automate some things, create the framework (from scratch) and lead all of those efforts. They will be the only QA so need to be able to do it all themselves!! They needed this person and the framework built yesterday, so hiring manager is motivated to move quickly on the right candidate. This company has awesome benefits and it’s a really great working environment where people truly enjoy being there!