The Implementation Analyst is responsible for the development, implementation, and support of interfaces between internal applications and customer applications.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs and facilitates research and testing, provide overall project leadership to ensure hospital and physician client interfaces conform to internal HL7 standards.
- Responsible for multiple implementations or conversion projects.
- Participates in information gathering for interface requirements w/ internal & external customers
- Educates and directly interacts with the client to help them understand the benefits and limitations of their specific EMR/LIS-Interface during implementation.
- Provides direct interaction with client and client’s vendor – including onsite visits
- Designs and oversees interface implementation project plan.
- Responsible for providing project status updates.
- Will provide communications such as go-live notices, support documentation and operational checklists to our internal organization relative to any new or change to existing client interface.
- Implementation of communication scripts and protocols to include SFTP and web services.
- Provides 3rd tier support (as defined in the Support SOP) to EMR/LIS-Interface related problems.
- Provides post implementation support
- Responsible for escalating implementation and support issues to appropriate groups.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or related technical field is preferred
- 2-5 years’ experience in medical lab operations and/or IT functions.
- Ability to manage projects with little or no supervision
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Strong problem solving, organizational, and analytical skills
- Ability to work under pressure, manage multiple priorities and complete tasks on time in a fast-paced environment
- Must be resourceful, self-motivated, and quick learner of highly technical systems
- General knowledge of operating systems, databases, application development tools, and data processing
- Experience using Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project a plus
- Ability to understand HL7 standards is helpful
- Experience with XML and SQL is required
- Experience with SoapUI is highly preferred
- Experience with Web Services is highly preferred
- Experience with SFTP is preferred
RECRUITER NOTES: Immediate need for an Implementation Analyst for a minimum of 6 months, but the reality is open-ended, long-term contract and/or a STRONG possibility for this position to convert to an FTE.
The most attractive skill sets are someone with SQL, XML, SoapUI and Web services testing experience. Familiarity with HL7 standards and/or healthcare industry knowledge/experience would also be nice-to-have!
- Query databases to read XML data
- Use SoapUI to test all web services
- SQL skills: create and insert data into databases; select and query/find data; must be able to write a statement and make a join between two separate tables
- USE SFTP to run many of their transmissions depending on the client and what they need/want
This position also requires communication with clients so the solid communication skills (verbal and written) are a must have. Candidate may be assisting with requirements gathering, providing project status updates and educating the client during the implementation process.