The suitable candidate will function as the lead in projects related to data science and machine learning. The Data Scientist will work with all plant personnel to understand products and processes, and will also work with engineers and technicians who are collecting and visualizing the data. The Data Scientist will be responsible for working with all relevant parties to ensure data integrity, and will process the data to obtain results that lead to improvements in products and processes.
- Working with domain and subject matter experts (interview plant personnel for statistics and goals.)
- Communicating highly technical concepts to both technical and non-technical individuals
- Providing new insight into existing data using predictive analytics and machine learning (crunch numbers for plant recommendations.)
- Recommending new data streams and ensuring data integrity
- Identifying new projects and opportunities, and the associated data requirements (enhancements to existing systems/processes)
- Delivering a range of reports suggesting improvements, data visualization and processing tools that can be used by floor workers, technicians, and engineers. (present long-term solutions to match plant and company objectives.)
- Leveraging the solutions implemented at various locations and sharing across other business units
- The position requires willingness to visit plants and foundries to observe the processes, and requires proper use of personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Willingness and ability to lead and take data science projects end-to-end
- Must be able to work with all relevant technical and non-technical parties to ensure that quality results are obtained, and that proper action is taken throughout the organization to improve products and processes
- The ability to identify questions independently and recognize new projects and new applications. This requires understanding of data requirements (sources, rates, storage, processing, etc.)
- Deep theoretical and practical understanding of predictive analytics, machine learning, and artificial intelligence algorithms, including, but not limited to:
- Skilled in math: calculus, linear algebra, numerical methods, optimization
- Skilled in statistics: statistical/ inference-based models, data visualizations
- Skilled in programming: Python, R, Matlab
- Database management and query languages: Hadoop, SQL, etc.
- Basic knowledge of instrumentation, sensors, and data acquisition systems
- Ability to understand a variety of applications and domains (embedded sensors, plant processes, etc.)
DESIRED CRITERIA & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work with others who do not possess a background in data science.
- Desire to work in a dynamic environment and have a continuous improvement and development mindset.
- Willingness to travel as much as 20% of the time.
- The Data Scientist will have exposure to all business units, plants, processes, and products in order to work with local experts and technician engineers.
- B.S. in Computer Science, Statistics, Math, Engineering, or related disciplines with experience in data science and machine learning. Graduate level degrees in these areas are desired.
RECRUITER NOTES: Client is in the process of implementing Internet of Things (IOT) corporate initiatives with the goal/focus moving to SMART PLANTS, SMART PRODUCTS AND CONNECTING CUSTOMERS, in order to continue its market share dominance in their field. This concept is broken down into 3 phases: COLLECT, ANALYZE and EXECUTE.
The Data Scientists/Analysts will be extracting data (ranging anywhere from supply chain to embedded technology, etc) and making recommendations to help produce processes that will add value and repeat success.
Familiarity with PTC Thingworks is nice to have, but not required.
Through competitive wages, outstanding benefits, and internal advancement opportunities, you will have the chance to create a career of which you can be proud. If you are open to relocation, there are also vast advancement opportunities.
They offer a full range of benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer matching and an Employee Stock Ownership Plan. They are 100% employee owned.
Current Technology Stack: SQL, SAP, Tableau, Data Services but the client is considering other like Hadoop.