CLOUD SECURITY COURSE AUTHOR
We are looking for a talented and motivated security engineer to join our team. This position can be in-office or remote. Does require limited travel to corporate headquarters. The ideal candidate will have achieved mastery of Cloud security having spent time in large scale Cloud based, and Hybrid environments. This person must also demonstrate a high level of proficiency in analyzing different environments to determine the types of security mechanisms to be in place and open source tools for securing environments. Most importantly, the ideal security Course Author applicant has developed a burning desire to learn new security techniques, tools, and to share those techniques by creating videos, blog posts, labs, study guides and more. We are also looking for someone with a burning passion to attend conferences and share their knowledge.
- Teach security standard and best practices as they relate to different cloud environments such as AWS, OpenStack, Azure and Google compute.
- Teach how to use Open Source security tools in order to implement them to achieve specific goals around standards like HIPPA and PCI compliance.
- Research and learn new security tools and cloud standards and reteach to students and teams via videos, labs, study guides, quiz questions, and more.
- Scripting and automation proficiency (e.g BASH, Python, Ruby, Perl, etc.)
Requirements and Qualifications
- Provide previous examples, such as YouTube videos, conference speaking, or blog posts, of how-to videos or other teaching that you’ve done related to technology.
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience within security engineering focused roles in medium to large scale enterprises, and a minimum of 5 years’ experience in enterprise IT with a Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree in Computer Science, or equivalent applicable experience.
- Experience participating in response and forensic investigative initiatives; familiar with the tactics and techniques employed by determined adversaries.
- Strong understanding of encryption and different methods for implementation of encryption security to secure applications, data at rest, and data in transit.
- CISSP or equivalent security certifications
- Security Focused Certifications
- Google, Azure or AWS Certifications of any kind
- COMPETITIVE salary with bonus potential for top performers
- 3 weeks’ vacation, 1 week sick leave TO START OUT
- Health, dental, vision, life insurance provided FREE to employee; discounted rates for spouse/family
- Retirement plan WITH company match
- CASUAL and fun work environment that encourages collaboration and team-building
- Opportunity to work with a FUN, INNOVATIVE team working with CUTTING EDGE technology!